- December 14, 2016 - Despicable Me 3 - Official Trailer 1 (Universal Pictures) HD starring Trey Parker as supervillain Balthazar Bratt!
- January 5, 2017 - Check out this graph, and read what I've gathered from it.
Highest-rated season on average is Season 8
Lowest-rated season on average is Season 16
Highest-rated eps are "Scott Tenorman Must Die" and "Make Love, Not Warcraft"
Lowest-rated eps are "A Million Little Fibers" and "Funnybot"
Fastest rise is Season 17, which ended strong with the Black Friday Trilogy
Fastest drop is Season 20 - started off strong and just sank
Season 10 has the distinction of having one of the highest-rated episodes AND one of the lowest-rated episodes.
There are five years between the two highest-rated episodes
There are five years between the two lowest-rated episodes
- January 29, 2017 - Mister Si has been compiling camparison videos showing the changes the animators made between the original DVD releases and the re-rendered episodes. He's made it to "Death" so far.
South Park HD Changes: Death
South Park HD Changes: An Elephant Makes Love To A Pig
South Park HD Changes: Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride
South Park HD Changes: Volcano
South Park HD Changes: Weight Gain 4000
South Park HD Changes: Cartman Gets An Anal Probe
- February 2, 2017 - Matt and Trey couldn't keep up with Trump, so they couldn't be as funny as usual, and they're not the only ones.
Op Ed: The Left has a post-truth problem too. It's called comedy.
Donald Trump too hard to satirise, say South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- February 7, 2017 - Still no official release date, though last June we were given a December 6 date. This will be updated every Tuesday until the game comes out.
Time for the countdown to begin - The Fractured But Whole could come out in one of the 7 Tuesdays remaining in Q1...
The following Tuesdays are in both Spring and Q1
If the game has indeed been postponed to Spring and not in March, then it will come out in one of the following 12 Tuesdays...
- February 9, 2017 - The release date timeline below is now obsolete. The game has been postponed yet again (GameSpot), with the range of the release date starting on April Fool's Day in two months and extending to March 31 of next year. No explanation given.
- February 11, 2017 - As far as we still know, future seasons will be 10 episodes each, and there are three seasons left to go before Matt and Trey decide to renew their contracts or resign, but there are rumblings inside Comedy Central that these next three seasons might be a bit longer - 12 episodes each - based on how sharply Season 20 dropped after the first six episodes aired.
Matt and Trey gave their assessment of the season in the last two episode titles: Season 20 was "Not Funny," and so we saw "The End Of Serialization As We Know It." Matt and Trey have decided that season-long arcs won't be back. This means a return to S17 (and earlier) format, which had seven random episodes and a trilogy.
A reason was given as to why Gerald got such a big role last season: he had risen in popularity while Butters and Kyle had fallen, and Randy and Cartman had never been so unpopular. (Cartman was probably given a soft side to boost his popularity again, but I don't think it worked. People want the old Cartman back) On the other hand, their popularity could be based on the roles they got in the first half of the season, with Gerald getting popular because he got such a meaty role, while Cartman and Butters dropped because they got roles that are contrary to their demeanors.
A user on reddit known as UsedToThrowaway has posted some inside info from the meetings he's attended at CC. He first posted on October 27 (after "Fort Collins"), again on December 8 (after the season finale), and a third time yesterday, and what I've posted here comes from those posts.
- May 15, 2017 - Season 21 begins on August 23!!! Three weeks earlier than I had expected! The South Park Calendar has been updated accordingly. The summer schedule now looks like this:
June 2-4 - Colossal Clusterfest. Foods you've seen on the show will appear in real life here. :)
June 13 - Season 20 DVD/Blu-ray comes out. An LP-sized version with four disks will also be available.
June 13-15 - E3 2017. Hopefully some new The Fractured But Whole gameplay footage.
June 30 - Despicable Me 3 hits theaters. Trey is supervillain Balthazar Bratt.
July 20–23 - San Diego Comic Con. Hopefully some new The Fractured But Whole gameplay footage.
August 13 - The show's 20th anniversary.which means...
August 23 - Season 21 premieres.
September. sometime - New South Park: The Fractured But Whole and TV Series Construction Sets From McFarlane
October 17 - The Fractured But Whole finally hits stores!
- July 7, 2017 - Season opener delayed until September 13.
- July 16, 2017 - South Park isn't anywhere on SDCC's schedule, which is a bummer, as some fans have questions about unreselved plot lines from last season.
- September 8, 2017 - Five more days until Season 21 begins, so we should be seeing previews in two days. Otherwise, the post below is full of The Fractured But Whole info and Seasons 1-11 on Blu-ray, finally!
Eighty-nine minutes of gameplay, from creating your character to finding out what you really are, lol. Male, female, or other. Cis- or transgender. You can set the difficulty of the game, and that sets the darkness of your skin. Easy is white, very difficult is black. In this gameplay you fight the burglars, the sixth graders (twice), the Raisins girls (twice), the priests, and the rednecks. The member berries are in this game as tangential characters.
Choose your side:
- Coon and Friends
- Freedom Pals
South Park Seasons 1-11 finally make it to Blu-ray this fall!
- Seasons 1 through 5 arrive on November 21, 2017.
- Seasons 6 through 11 arrive on December 19, 2017.
No indication that there will be commentaries for Season 2.