- December 27, 2011 - Merry Christmas, everyone, and Happy New Year! Now, a roundup of South Park News for Fall.
- Kim Jong Il may be gone, but he'll live on in Team America, World Police. :) (The Inquisitr, December 19)
- Grammys: 'Book of Mormon,' 'Anything Goes' albums are nominees (Los Angeles Times, November 30)
- From Game Informer's South Park gallery:
- January Cover Revealed: South Park
- Crafting The South Park RPG
- Good Times With Weapons: The Combat of South Park
- Capturing The Sounds Of South Park
- What You'll Find In South Park
- January 10, 2012 - South Park Season 15 is scheduled to come to home video on March 27! :)
South Park - 'The Complete 15th Season' on DVD and Blu-ray Disc: Street Date, Box Art, Extras, More!
All fourteen episodes from South Park's fifteenth season are available in this exclusive three- disc set. Join the boys as they take on revolutionary product development, start new business ventures, cope with the struggles of getting older and join the U.S. Border Patrol. For them, it's all part of growing up in South Park!
- Comedy Central and distributor Paramount Home Entertainment have announced DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc releases for South Park - The Complete 15th Season, coming out in both formats on March 27th. Each 3-disc set (308 minutes) will include bonus material such as Deleted Scenes, Behind the Scenes of "City Sushi", and the Featurette "6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park". Both versions are listed as having widescreen video and English subtitles; the DVD includes English 2.0 Stereo sound while the Blu-ray release boasts of English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. Pricing hasn't been revealed, but going by the last two season sets the DVD version will be $49.99 SRP and the Blu-ray version will be $57.99 SRP. Here's the packaging for both formats (right-click for big):
- January 19, 2012 - If you want to purchase the official script to The Book of Mormon, you can do it here! I'm working on a transcript of the play as performed 10 months ago. It's not finished, but I already know that there are small differences between this performance and the official script.
- January 24, 2012 - I've put up some dyns for the play.
- February 12, 2012 - Grammy Awards 2012: 'Book of Mormon' wins for musical theater
- March 2, 2012 - Leap Day is gone, and South Park returns in two weeks. But South Park Studios hasn't been updated for the upcoming season. And the message board there still has problems: the expressions don't work (but they do on the UK site), the default expression is a frown instead of whatever you put there when you make your avatar, there's no reply link when you want to reply to a PM, images are still disabled in sigs, and you still can't use off-site avatars. Not a good message board setup.
- March 3, 2012 - Grouped secrets, transcript, and guests for Book of Mormon into the Episode Guide. You can find lyrics to the play here or use the ones in my transcript (there are differences between them).
- March 7, 2012 - So Comedy Central is now airing promos for the new season. Several SPS BBS viewers are posting what they see. Below is a summary of what they're seeing:
- Two clips show Butters and Cartman hunting a chupacabra:
Butters: "I'm scared..."
Cartman: [flatly] "You can't scare a chupacabra, Butters."
- One clip shows Cartman yelling "Who do you want me cheating off of?!"
- One clip shows everyone outside at night:
Kyle: "What's going on?"
- One clip, which is likely related to the one above, shows firefighters in a bathroom figuring out how to pull Clyde's mother off a toilet while it's sucking her in with a flush. Clyde watches apprehensively
- Three clips show Cartman on a zipline ride:
Ride Operator: "ZIP LINE!!!" [releases Cartman]
Kyle: "How was it, Cartman?!"
Cartman: "Totally fucking stupid, dude!"
Having seen the clips, I can say they're all mixed up, and I've sorted them out.
- March 11, 2012 - Info for the first episode of the season now up!
Episode 1601 - Reverse Cowgirl
- After a South Park citizen meets with an unfortunate accident, the TSA steps in to prevent it from happening again. One of the boys had been told time and time again about leaving the toilet seat up after he goes to the bathroom, but he didnt listen. His actions have consequences and ultimately result in an unimaginable catastrophe.
From this and the entry above, we can construct the following plot: Clyde goes to the bathroom to pee, but forgets to put down the seat when he's finished. His mom goes to use the toilet at night, after everyone's gone to bed. She falls in, and in her haste to get up, she flushes the toilet. It sucks her in, and Clyde has to call 911 so fire can come to get his mom off the toilet. The TSA gets wind of this and investigates, then drafts some new, er, traffic laws, one of which is to equip all toilets with seat belts so no one can fall in again.
- March 17, 2012 - Some fans have requested this, so I've compiled some Deaths In South Park.
- March 19, 2012 - Info for the second episode of the season now up!
Episode 1602 - Cash For Gold
- Cartman launches a gemstones network show and creates a very lucrative business. Stan searches for the real value of a piece of jewelry that was a gift from his Grandpa. Meanwhile, Cartman's lucrative new business preys upon an extremely vunerable clientele.
- March 21, 2012 - That episode felt rather barebones. The filler from the gem show and the jewelry cycle between the US and India didn't help.