- September 24, 2005 - Welcome to Fall 2005. South Park's Matt Stone and Trey Parker will appear on Charlie Rose this Monday evening. Check your local PBS stations for showtimes. Here in L.A. the show will be on at 11:30 p.m. on KCET 28. In South Florida it'll be on at 11 p.m. on WGCU 30. If you're keeping track of the changes syndication brings to the show, send in the censorship you've seen so far or post them on the board. The first week is over, and many of you have seen 10 episodes come and go.
- September 27, 2005 - Well, the Charlie Rose interview didn't reveal anything we longtime fans didn't already know, but Trey did reveal that Michael Moore's body in Team America was made of ham. That was in response to Moore's placement of a South Park-style cartoon, "A Brief History of America," after Matt Stone's segment in Bowling for Columbine that led people to believe Matt and Trey made the cartoon. The cartoon itself reminded Trey of his own work, "American History," in college, which just invited more comparison between the two shorts. Boobie_Tassels, who has her Trey site, [Shpadoinkle] Trey Parker, provided a video of the interview up to the point where Team America was being discussed. But the picture below is the real news!
- This picture was placed in CrapTV's forums by boobie_tassels. It's from Jimmy Fallon's Birthday Party at The National Arts Club in NYC on Sept. 24. Trey is pictured here with his fiancée, Emma Sugiyama. On her left ring finger she's sporting a ring (look at the inset at lower left for detail), and women don't wear rings there unless it's from a significant other. :) Boobie_tassels also received an e-mail from someone who attended the event, which read "Trey was talking about anime and how the japanese are, then said 'my fiancée, who is Japanese, is here in the audience today." Boobie's source also told her a month ago that Trey got engaged to Emma this summer in Italy. They are planning to get married early next year, possibly in Hawaii.
- Trey studied Japanese in college and has been to Japan numerous times since college. His movies and South Park sometimes have Japanese in them, and there's the Chinpokomon episode in the third season, so it makes sense that he'd find a Japanese mate to marry. :) Congrats to them.
- This and other pic will be on spschat too, by Saturday night.
- October 1, 2005 - The Charlie Rose interview is up here! The Team America clip and the segment after it are missing. If anyone has the whole segment handy, let me know, and we'll see about sharing it on MSN or AIM.
- October 12, 2005 - An eventful week starting today. :) Get your season six DVD sets if you didn't get them yesterday. Here's the schedule of events:
- October 11 - Season 6 DVD boxed set is out
- October 14 - Matt and Trey to appear on Jimmy Kimmel's show. Remember that Kimmel comes on after midnight, so you'll be watching Matt and Trey just as Saturday morning begins.
- October 19 - Matt and Trey on Kevin and Bean at 8:30 am on 106.7 KROQ in Los Angeles. Episode 908 kicks off the Fall run. Last Spring, Matt said eight episodes will follow, but the press release now says seven eps. We'll see who's right.
- October 16, 2005 - Welcome to the second half of Season 9! South Park Studios has put up the following info about this coming Wednesday's episode:
Now, they did a global warming episode once before, called "Spontaneous Combustion," in which people were exploding for no apparent reason and burning up. Randy Marsh concluded that it was people were holding in thei farts, so he encouraged everyone to fart every time they felt the urge to, and pretty soon the town got smelly and too warm to bear. Randy was shunned and everything went back to normal.
"Two Days before the Day After Tomorrow"
- A GLOBAL WARMING STATE OF EMERGENCY is declared in South Park. Global Warming is determined to be the cause of the massive flood that destroys a neighboring town.
- The world’s largest beaver dam breaks and the waters overtake the adjacent town of Beaverton.. As the victims wait for help to arrive, everyone in South Park tackles priority number one: who is to blame? The President, the mayor, scientists, the press and even the flood victims themselves are all busy pointing fingers. Only Stan and Cartman know who’s really at fault.
- October 20, 2005 - The transcript of the interview with Charlie Rose is now finished. Read up on that here. Post comments about Wednesday's episode on my board hmya!
- October 21, 2005 - Wednesday's Matt and Trey on Kevin and Bean interview, taken from the 4 hours of the Kevin and Bean show found by CrapTV forum member Tintin.
- October 21, 2005 - I'd like to welcome Cartman's World to the South Park Directory. I see we've lost a few sites as Cartman's World joins the community. Now, this is a little old, but here's the top 25 Cartman Moments, from the Comedy Central page.
His loyal fans have spoken! For those who weren't keeping score of Cartman's 25 Greatest Moments, we did it for you.
Number 1 is #1 for a very good reason. :D
- 501 - Scott Tenorman Must Die
- 101 - Cartman Gets an Anal Probe
- 803 - Up the Down Steroid
- 902 - Die Hippie, Die
- 107 - Pink Eye
- 709 - Christian Rock Hard
- 802 - AWESOM-O
- 705 - Fat Butt and Pancake Head
- 113 - Cartman's Mom Is a Dirty Slut
- 906 - The Death of Eric Cartman
- 213 - Cow Days
- 102 - Weight Gain 4000
- 804 - The Passion of the Jew
- 109 - Starvin' Marvin
- 807 - The Jeffersons
- 711 - Casa Bonita
- 601 - Freak Strike
- 617 - Red Sleigh Down
- 302 - Spontaneous Combustion
- 314 - The Red Badge of Gayness
- 506 - Cartmanland
- 607 - Simpsons Already Did It
- 406 - Cartman Joins NAMBLA
- 303 - The Succubus
- 608 - Red Hot Catholic Love
- October 24, 2005 - Butter, or marjarine, or margerine? Hmmm. This week's synopsis, thanks to South Park Studios
Episode 909 - Marjorine
- The 4th grade girls are having a sleepover. It’s imperative that the boys find out what goes on behind those closed doors. Butters is picked to be the boy who must fake his death, become a girl and infiltrate this age-old feminine tradition. As his parents dabble in the dark arts in an effort to bring him back to life, Butters thinks he might like being a girl.
- October 28, 2005 - From the SPS FAQs: The start date for Season 10 - March 22, 2006. The more you know... :)
- Halloween, 2005 - Mrs. Garrison is doing some strange stuff involving Big Gay Al and Mr. Slave. This week's synopsis, thanks to South Park Studios
Episode 910 - Follow That Egg!
Mrs. Garrison's "ex" plans to marry his new love as soon as the Governor signs the bill allowing gay marriage in Colorado. As Slave and Big Gay Al prepare to marry, the townspeople of South Park rally the Governor to outlaw gay marriage. In a fit of jealously, Mrs. Garrison develops his own case study using the kids to prove that same sex couples cannot care for a child. The boys are determined to get an "A" on their class assignment and Mrs. Garrison is just as committed to seeing they fail.
- All Saints' Day, 2005 - Día de los Muertos in Mexico. Tomorrow is All Souls' Day. All Saints here means all believing Christians (Catholics, in my case), not just the saints canonized by the Pope. South Park Studios announces that Matt Stone will return for another online interview in two weeks (Nov. 15), so we have that to look forward to. :)
- November 3, 2005 - Last night's episode was so so, with a few laughs here and there. A brown egg for Token, Mrs. Garrison's fag drag and scheme to do away with Stan and Kyle's egg. Once in a while I find what I think is a profound statement, and today I decided to bring you this one from Cannibal Lover:
- I keep noticing how funny it is now to see the kids back in the classroom, sitting at their desks doing school projects, after all of the absurd things they've done and places they've been to in the past nine years. Kenny especially, because he's been to heaven and hell and now he's back sitting at a school desk in fourth grade painting an egg. Ah, beautiful irony.
- November 7, 2005 - This Week's Episode, thanks to South Park Studios! "Ginger Kids"? Hmmm...:
Episode 911 - Ginger Kids
- In his classroom presentation, Cartman points to people with red hair, light skin and freckles as an inferior race. He thinks differently when, one morning, he himself wakes up with an advanced case of Gingervitus! Sick and tired of being ripped-on because he now has red hair, light skin and freckles, he rallies all ginger kids everywhere to fight against discrimination.
- November 12, 2005 - Don't forget that Matt Stone will be answering questions at #spsevent next Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m. Pacific. Bring some good questions and hang out for a while.
- November 14, 2005 - This Week's Episode, thanks to South Park Studios! "Trapped in the Closet"? I thought Tom Cruise had put those rumors to rest. Alrighty, who else is hiding?!
Episode 912 - Trapped in the Closet
- Religious leaders believe Stan is the new “Golden Child” and a whole soap opera unfolds with the help of a famous R&B singer.
- The results of Stan’s personality test reveal that he’s depressed. While Stan looks to a new religion for answers, the church leaders recognize Stan as the second coming. Some A-List Hollywood celebrities join the faithful who have set up camp right in front of Stan’s house.
- November 16, 2005 - Thanks to Nall for e-mailing me the log of the chat yesterday night. There weren't as many questions this time around, and I don't know how long this chat lasterd. The one in April lasted an 90 minutes and we got 60 questions out of it. One thing: Matt didn't say whether Mrs. Garrison would ever return to being Mr. Garrison. :D Here's the chat.
- November 18, 2005 - Two months ago Matt and Trey signed a three year contract with Comedy Central to make more seasons of South Park. Today they signed a contract with Paramount to create and/or produce some movies for it, and have formed a company to handle it all. The writing and directing duo have named their new company Trunity and are wasting little time appointing a core creative team and business staff. Read all about it! And, to create a link with Wednesday's episode, Tom Cruise will return to star in Mission: Impossible III. Also, script, secrets, and guests up for "Trapped In The Closet."
- November 23, 2005 - Nall sent me this link - FACTnet - in which is an article titled "FACTNet Names South Park TV Show Staff FACTNet Person(s) of the Year for 2005 for their Recent Scientology Episode." Here's the article:
The article also has links to clips and the entire episode. :)
- The recent South Park TV episode - "Trapped in the Closet" - in which the South Park staff educates the global community through humor on the human rights abuses and other dangers of the destructive mind control cult Scientology has done a great service to societies and families everywhere their show airs around the world. This show is also a great educational tool for dangers of destructive cults in general.
- In spite of Scientology’s infamous reputation for retaliation and lawsuits, it took a great courage to so accurately portray the brainwashed cult dependency of Tom Cruise and John Travolta as well as criminal-like nature of Scientology and its current leader David Miscavige. Because of this courage and its educational value to society on the dangers of Scientology and cults in general we at FACTNet name the entire South Park TV Show Staff our FACTNet Person(s) of the Year for 2005.
- November 24, 2005 - Comedy Central Press has put up a bunch of new pictures of Matt and Trey as well as three pics for "Trapped In The Closet" (scroll down to see those). The MnT pics will be up at South Park Chat's Matt and Trey section
- November 28, 2005 - This Week's Episode, thanks to South Park Studios! "Free Willzyx." Gee, it's been a few years since the original arrived, hasn't it?
Episode 913 - Free Willzyx
- Kyle convinces the fourth-grade boys to help him get his special new friend back home.
- A "talking" whale inspires the fourth-graders to risk everything to return him to his family. With the police on their tails, the boys enlist the help of a foreign government and embark upon an adventure they'll not soon forget; one in which the boys learn just how far to go for a friend.
- December 3, 2005 - Good episode last Wednesday. I like seeing the boys be regular boys, and Willzy-x being launched onto the moon. The ALF leader had NO idea what they were going to do with the whale! Haha! : ) Anywho, from South Park Studios... The Aristocrats and its soundtrack are coming to stores near you. Check out that site for more info. Enjoy the two wallpapers below. The first is the composite sketch Brian and Mike created of the boys, the second is Willzy-x on the moon, free and... wait, doesn't Kenny look like the Unabomber?
- December 4, 2005 - If you read this before it airs, get a VHS tape or record it on your PC: CBS News Sunday Morning will have a behind-the-scenes clip of South Park, showing how the show is made at South Park Studios. The program is 90 minutes long and begins at 9, 8 Central, and the South Park segment is listed at the end, so you may have to wait until 10, 9 Central, to catch the clip.
- December 5, 2005 - Nice CBS clip yesterday, but the interviewer could've used some DayQuil herself, lol. There was nothing new in the interview except a chance for the Sunday morning crowd to see what the Wednesday night crowd already knows. : ) The Quicktime video is here (Bobbi has the Windows Media version at [Shpadoinkle] Trey Parker). This Week's Episode, the final one of the year, thanks to South Park Studios! "Bloody Mary." There's a drink called Bloody Mary, but it doesn't refer to the Virgin Mother. Who'da thought that Randy's an alcoholic?
A bleeding or crying statue seems to happen a lot in Catholic circles, and many of the claims have been debunked, but the Church discourages its members from venerating such statues - they do distract from Jesus' message.
Episode 914 - Bloody Mary
- Stan is embarrassed in front of his friends when his dad is arrested for drunk driving. In a neighboring town, a bleeding statue of Mary is discovered and the faithful are flocking to the site hoping to be healed. Stan's dad is sure the bleeding Virgin can cure him of his "disease."
- December 7, 2005 - "Bloody Mary" airs tonight, and after that, hiatus until February. First new episode of Season 10 airs on March 22. And, thanks to South Park Studios, I've compiled this fall's blogs into this page. Enjoy reading the blogs!
- December 9, 2005 - Pearl Harbor Day was December 7, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception was December 8, and it was interesting to see both of them referenced in this ep. Catholics may be offended at the way bleeding statues were lampooned in this ep, but bleeding statues don't figure all that much into the Catholic view of salvation.