- September 22, 2004 - Welcome to Fall!!! Breayle announces that Matt & Trey will be on 60 Minutes in a few weeks. Look out for that.
- September 23, 2004 - More Team America news: This article seems to think so. The paragraphs including Matt & Trey is quoted below.
- It also may have something to do with the way two Coloradans - Trey Parker and Matt Stone - have ruthlessly mined the state for satiric humor in their animated Colorado-set TV series, "South Park." In the 1999 spin-off movie, "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut," a war between the U.S. and Canada is set off after local kids see the vulgar movie "Asses of Fire," starring Canadian TV stars. Thanks to Parker and Stone, it's hard to take anything about Colorado at face value anymore.
- September 27, 2004 - Shpadoinkleman at OrgazmoDVD reports that Matt and Trey will be appearing on the Tonight Show to promote Team America on Tuesday, October 5th. Look out for that, too.
- September 28, 2004 - More Team America news from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The paragraphs including Matt & Trey are quoted below.
- Parker and Stone insist that the main reason "Team America" is coming out in October is that they have to get to work on the new season of "South Park."
- "The first script was handed in before the Iraq war," Parker said. "That idea of us being the world police is well before George Bush and will be there no matter who gets elected. We'll still be the world police, and people will still be hating us."
- He said they toyed with using Bush and Kerry puppets in the movie but decided, "No, this movie's bigger than them. ... At the end of the day, it makes fun of movies more than it makes fun of politics."
- Stone pointed out how cartoons from Disney and Warner Bros. during World War II addressed the conflict. "It's not like you're minimizing it. They dressed Donald Duck as a soldier and Bugs Bunny as a soldier. Kim Jong Il is in the movie and terrorists are in the movie. I think it's cool to, like, belittle your enemy."
- September 29, 2004 - More Team America news from IndieWIRE. Denver fans, take note.
TV Shows on DVD reports that Paramount has delayed the release of the Season 5 DVD set again. It's not coming out on November 9 as previously reported.
- The 27th Starz Denver International Film Festival will present its first ever Opening Night After-Hours Special Screening on October 14th. Festival organizers announced that they will screen Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "Team America: World Police" at a special 11:30 p.m. showing on opening night. An all-wooden cast of marionette puppets are featured in the new Parker/Stone film, which follows "a daring team of puppets who thwart the world's evil forces, including every ilk of enemy from terrorists to washed-up celebrities."
- "We are delighted, for the first time ever, to offer a second title to co-open our festival," said Festival Director Ron Henderson. "And we salute our own home-grown heroes, Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone for putting the 'F' back in Festival."
And even MORE news!
- We found out that the next box set has been pushed back once again. No reason was given. A particular date has not been set so far, but don't give up yet, or pull a Cartman and say "screw it!" Just stay tuned, and we'll let you know when you can buy this. Don't touch that dial!
That's more updates than I thought I'd get today. :D
- Sharks swim for Best Animated Oscar - "We're not in it for the awards, I already have my nomination," mocks "Team America" director Trey Parker, who was nominated for best song for "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut," which missed the new animation category by two years. "We're in it to make a statement, although I'm not sure what it is."
- Parker, who is in the Academy because of his nomination, jokingly considers proposing a Best Puppet Oscar.
- Gregson-Williams replaces Shaiman on 'Team America': - Another rejection of an original score for a major, big budget Hollywood picture has taken place: Marc Shaiman is no longer scoring Team America: World Police. Burt Berman, President of music at Paramount Pictures, has confirmed to Music from the Movies that Harry Gregson-Williams is the new composer onboard the project.
- JUST CALL HIM KIM JONG REEL - DON'T be surprised if Kim Jong Il is first in line to see "Team America."
- All strung out - An in-depth article on what Matt&Trey had to do to bring this film to fruition. Enjoy!
- September 30, 2004 - Kim Jong Il sings! Here's an excerpt, and a pic. :)
...and some technical details about the film.
- October 4, 2004 - Puppetry of the Meanest (uncut) - A Matt & Trey interview. and Ain't It Cool's Moriarty reviews the film 10 days before it premières, and...
and (click for a legible, larger picture)... Matt and Trey come in at #40 out of the 50 most influential men under 38 years of age in this month's Details magazine
- NEW YORK, October 4, 2004 -- With eight Cartman-packed seasons to choose from, how will any self-respecting "South Park" fan be able to decide on his/her favorite episode? Find out when COMEDY CENTRAL counts down the definitive list of The 27 All-Time Greatest "South Park" Episodes, beginning on Friday, October 22 at 9:00 p.m.
- COMEDY CENTRAL offers viewers the chance to choose their favorite episode of "South Park" in a month of online voting, which began in September. Fans can choose from over eight seasons worth of episodes to cast their vote. Voting will end on Friday, October, 15. Viewers also have a chance to enter the ESPN Videogame Sweeps and win one of 50 videogames, or they can watch a trailer from the "South Park" creators' upcoming feature film, "Team America," which hits theaters nationwide on Friday, October 15.
- The "South Park" marathon the weekend of October 22 will run as follows:
Friday, October 22
9:00 p.m. - 3 a.m.
Saturday, October 23
9:00 p.m. to 1 a.m.
1:00 a.m. - 3 a.m.
Sunday, October 24
9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
12:30 - 1:30 a.m.
1:30 - 3:30 a.m.
All Time Favorite Episodes, 27 - 16|
All Time Favorite Episodes, 15 - 8
"South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut"
All Time Favorite Episodes, Final Seven
"Goin' Down to South Park"
"South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut"
Saturday, October 9, 9:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.: "Insider's Guide to Team America with Matt & Trey"
- The minds behind "South Park," Matt Parker and Trey Stone, are bringing their latest creation to the big screen in the movie "Team America: World Police." Tune-in to COMEDY CENTRAL when Matt and Trey host a special block of "South Park" episodes and give an all-access, insider's guide to their new movie, including introductions of all the members of "Team America," a sweepstakes where viewers can win items from the movie and, at the end of the night, an exclusive clip from the film that can only be seen on COMEDY CENTRAL.
Does that picture look familiar? Last year, November's Details printed The Last Word. The photo above was taken at that time, along with this one. :)
- October 5, 2004 - Kim Jong-il Satirized in US Film - Lots of spoilers in this article. You've been warned. In 'Team America': Sex, Puppets & Controversy Roger Friedman reviews an unfinished version of the film, liking it best for its Looney Tunes humor (Kim Jong Il as Elmer Fudd) and for the detail put into the props. In Puppet Sex Leads to Rating Rift Parker, Stone, and Rudin talk about the leeway the MPAA gives to violence while keeping a tight leash on sex.
- October 6, 2004 - Now you can create your own character over at Team America: The Movie. Just click on the link at lower right once you get there. There you will also find that the film is rated R. That bit of news confirmed here! No more NC-17 to worry about. :D The Team America soundtrack comes out on October 19 after all: The tracks are listed below:
"TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE"
Breayle at South Park Studios got this from someone who works at Paramount:
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- 1. "Everyone Has AIDS"
- 2. "Freedom Isn't Free"
- 3. "America, F**k Yeah"
- 4. "Derka Derk (Terrorist Theme)"
- 5. "Only A Woman"
- 6. "I'm So Ronery"
- 7. "America, F**k Yeah (Bummer Remix)"
- 8. "The End Of An Act"
- 9. "Montage"
- 10. "North Korean Melody"
- 11. "The Team America March"
- 12. "Lisa & Gary"
- 13. "F.A.G."
- 14. "Putting A Jihad On You"
- 15. "Kim Jong Il"
- 16. "Mount, Rush, More"
- Hi there....I work at Paramount Home Entertainment and am the Product Manager for Comedy Central releases.
- South Park Season 5 has been pushed back to a February 15, 2005 street date & may change again ( I noticed there was a street date of Nov posted on the Southparkstudios.com page). This is due to the fact Matt & Trey have been so busy working on Team America, they have not yet had the chance to record their commentary for the DVD. If you want I will keep you updated.
- And now, Matt and Trey's segment on the Tonight Show yesterday night, encoded and sent to me by regular chatter nall:
- October 7, 2004 - SOUTH PARK creators TREY PARKER and MATT STONE have ridiculed suggestions their forthcoming film TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE was designed to persuade voters against re-electing US President GEORGE W BUSH in next month's (NOV04) election.
- October 10, 2004 - Courtesy of South Park Alliance, I present to you Ray's encode of "MTV's Making The Movie - Team America: World Police" and "MTV's Making The Movie - Team America: World Police". Right-click and save, or just click to view. You will need Quicktime to view this. If you run an SP fan site, as I do here, you can link to this copy, or upload it to your own space.
- After a day with my best friend, Sam, watching Taxi and eating at Island's, I took the Blue Line back to Hollywood from Long Beach and stopped off at Mann's Chinese Theater to see about getting a ticket to Team America: World Police at 7:30. Sold out there, so I took the Red Line up to Universal Studios and checked out the theaters there: I snagged a ticket there, and found the theater half full when I went in for the 7:50 show.
- What I saw in the movie was pretty damned funny, and you'll recognize a few South Park references and one song in there (I'm not telling, but they'll appear in the dyns after the film goes wide. The comments on one site do mention the one song though) The sex scene was indeed scaled back quite a bit, but what you do see will make you roar with laughter. And now, the lyrics of "Ronery," as they were heard yesterday night, and as they may be heard in the movie next Friday. One minor change:
I'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery and sadry arone
There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry
And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage
I work rearry hard to stay nice and fit
But nobody here seems to rearize that
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery
- October 11, 2004 - CNN is just one of a growing number of sites mentioning the death on Sunday of Superman Christopher Reeve at the age of 52, after he lapsed into a coma on Saturday. You'll remember him in South Park in "Krazy Kripples" when he tries to rehabilitate himself by drinking the blood of fetuses and becomes the leader of a group of supervillains. Now, for the news:
That drew this response from Sean Penn (from The Drudge Report, October 6)
P. Diddy Slammed
South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have slammed Sean "P. Diddy" Combs for his voter awareness campaign for the upcoming U.S. election. "Just saying 'Vote or Die' is a serious danger to democracy," Stone told SouthFlorida.com. "If you don't know what you're talking about, there's no shame in not voting." A spokesperson for Puffy has claimed that voter registration is up 250% because of the rapper's campaign.
To Trey Parker and Matt Stone,
That drew this response from The Glorious Revolutionary Federation of Fortune 500 Killers today
- I remember a cordial hello when you guys were beginning to be famous guys around Hollywood at some party. I remember several times getting a few giggles out of your humor. I remember not being bothered as you traded on my name among others to appear witty, above it all, and likeable to your crowd. I never mind being of service, in satire and silliness.
- I do mind when anybody who doesn't have a child, doesn't have a child at war, or isn't or won't be in harm's way themselves, is encouraging that there's "no shame in not voting" "if you don't know what you're talking about" (Mr. Stone) without mentioning the shame of not knowing what your talking about, and encouraging people to know. You guys are talented young guys but alas, primarily young guys. It's all well to joke about me or whomever you choose. Not so well, to encourage irresponsibility that will ultimately lead to the disembowelment, mutilation, exploitation, and death of innocent people throughout the world. The vote matters to them. No one's ignorance, including a couple of hip cross-dressers, is an excuse.
- All best, and a sincere fuck you,
- Sean Penn
- P.S. Take this as a personal invitation from me to you (you can ask Dennis Miller along for the ride as well) to escort you on a trip, which I took last Christmas. We'll fly to Amman, Jordan and I'll ride with you in a (?) 12 hours through the Sunni Triangle into Fallujah and Baghdad and I'll show you around. When we return, make all the fun you want.
Matt and Trey are, of course, Hollywood’s new puppetmasters. Apologies to Matt Damon. Matt and Trey were present at An Evening at Home With the Osbournes Happy Columbus Day! Now, send in the names of any movie stars you saw as marionettes in Team America. :) So far...
- Recently, the vapid Hollywood star Sean Penn sent a publicized letter to conservative South Park co-creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker criticizing the two for proclaiming that there was “no shame in not voting.”
- Elsewhere, Penn wrote: “Not so well, to encourage irresponsibility that will ultimately lead to the disembowelment, mutilation, exploitation, and death of innocent people throughout the world. The vote matters to them. No one’s ignorance, including a couple of hip cross-dressers, is an excuse.” He ended his letter with: “All best, and a sincere fuck you, Sean Penn.”
- Actually, Penn can go fuck himself for his own ignorance. In 95% of House congressional districts, voters have no real choice at all due to gerrymandering. Those who care about the following issues: Palestinian rights, the racist prison-industrial complex, police brutality, the Patriot Act, the pre-emptive war doctrine, abortion access, and gay marriage will find no voice in the national electoral arena during this cycle. Indeed, moving beyond a myopic electoral focus into day-to-day grassroots activity between elections is a far more “responsible” position, to use Penn’s words, rather than encouraging voters to pull the lever for either pro-war war criminal from Yale. Unless Penn is supporting the candidacy of Ralph Nader, Michael Badnarik, David Cobb, the Workers World Party, the Socialist Workers Party or the Socialist Party USA—and he most certainly is not—he has no business invoking the horrors of Iraq against those who will not vote, as the candidate he supports is as responsible for them.
- All best, Sean Penn, and a sincere fuck you.
- Gary, Joe, Kim Jong Il, Hans Blix - Trey Parker
- Chris - Matt Stone
- Lisa - Kristen Miller
- Sarah - Masasa
- Spottswoode - Daran Norris
- I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. - Phil Hendrie (radio talk show host. Mission to Mars, anyone?)
- Alec Baldwin - Maurice LaMarche
Remember that American History cartoon in Bowling for Columbine that so many of us fans and even workers on the show tried to show was NOT from Matt and Trey? Well, they're a little pissed off about that themselves. From 'Team America' Takes on the World (Nwe York Newsday):
- Parker and Stone still harbor hard feelings about that sassy, anti-gun cartoon because they feel it was done in "South Park" style. They believe the proximity to Stone's interview misled some fans into thinking they had done the cartoon, even though Moore never said they did.
- For this slight, Moore's punishment in "Team America" is extreme: he's depicted as a gibbering, overweight, hot-dog eating buffoon who straps explosives to his body to blow up the American do-gooders. The puppet was reportedly stuffed with ham when it blew.
- October 12, 2004 - A list of celebrities who were scheduled to appear at yesterday's premiere of Team America: World Police at Grauman's Chinese Theater:
Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Danny DeVito, Laura Flynn Boyle, Matthew Perry, Owen Wilson David Spade, Stephen Dorff. Kevin Smith, Spike Jonze, Pete Yorn, Eric Idle, Weird Al Yankovic, Aisha Tyler, Hilarie Burton, Alexis Arquette, Rachel Bilson, Fred Durst, Evangeline Lilly, Jack Osbourne, Bob Odenkirk, Jason Ritter, Nick Carter, AJ McLean, Preston Lacy, Lake Bell, Kathleen Robertson, Ivana Milicevic, Dina Meyer, Melissa Rivers, George and Geoff Stults, Maeve Quinlan, Skyler Stone, The Roots, Les Claypool of Primus, Steve Coogan, Andrew Wilson, Jennifer Holiday, Donovan Leitch, Timothy Bottoms, Randall Batinkoff, Phil Hendrie, and others.
Both E! and Access Hollywood were there to get some comments from the stars. SP Alliance has video from the E! segment; look there for the Access Hollywood segment as well if you don't catch it on TV. Pics here.
- October 14, 2004 - Team America will reach Great Britain on
January 14. On the success of their films: “I don’t give a fuck about box office,” Parker says. “I just want to make things that my friends will call me up and say, „Dude, that was sweet.’ We make cartoon and puppet movies. How seriously can you take yourself?” Matt and Trey mention a year or two more for the show - nothing new there. MTV reports on Monday's premiere. Trivia time: Matt & Trey had to submit the movie to the MPAA 10 times before they got the R. And, yesterday's Conan clip from nall, new media provider for spschat and this site. And here's the 60 Minutes II clip from Coffeeguy (skip to 15:30 to see it). Thanks, the both of you. :) Matt and Trey talk to Teen Hollywood about "Team America" (print version, so you don't have to leaf through the pages). Finally, 'South Park' creator combines action, puppets. In this article, the only new thing is that season 6 is the second-highest-rated season.
- October 15, 2004 - Well... Go out there and watch
And send in your dyns!!! (Did You Notice?)
Christy Lemire of Associated Press calls 'Team America' the funniest film of the year, but Roger Ebert hated it. He gave it only one star, while he gave SP:BLU 2½ stars five years ago. The Daily News gives TA:WP 3½ stars while Total Blade gives it 4. The Journal Times thinks the duo can do far better than they do in this film, giving it only 2½ stars. Spliced Wire says this movie is forgettable in a way South Park will never be.
Articles and Interviews:
- TV Guide
- The Stanford Daily
- Cinema Confidential
- October 16, 2004 - Help me fill out the South Park Calendar off to the left with any appearances by Matt and Trey, events in other countries, and what not so you all know what'll happem when. Thanks. :)
- October 17, 2004 - October 14, on the radio, Matt said that the entire love scene is going to be on the TA:WP DVD, so we'll all be able to see the parts that were removed from the movie. Listen to it now! Other stuff to learn from there: Matt is an agnostic Jew. They wanted to voice Chef themselves, but CC told them they neeeded a black actor to voice him. Team America came in at #3 this weekend.
- October 18, 2004 - A challenge for anyone who's up to it: stick around for the end of the credits and record Kim Jong Il's song about Alec Baldwin, then DCC it to me in chat, email to me, or send it to me on AIM. Also, Breayle says Matt and Trey are scheduled to return to work today, and Season 8 resumes in nine days. And now, the quote of the day, straight from the film. :D
The same speech at the awards ceremony.
- There are three kinds of people: dicks, pussies and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinkin' it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because... pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck! And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get?? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!!
- We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks! And the Film Actors' Guild!.. are pussies. And Kim Jong Il!.. is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks!.. because puusies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can fuck an asshole... is a dick... with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much, or fuck when it isn't apporoporate, and it takes a pussy to show 'em that. But sometimes pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we are gonna have our dicks and our pussies... all covered in shit.
- October 19, 2004 - Team America secrets are now rolling out. Read and submit your own findings. Also, the Team America soundtrack is out on iTunes today and in stores two weeks hence.
- October 20, 2004 - Seven days till new SP eps come out. Lord knows what they'll come up with: South Park Studios has no idea. And, 13 days till your vote counts. Read up on the candidates and go to your polling station on Nov. 2. And now, a Dark Horizons interview with Matt & Trey made a week ago. You non-Americans may well get the entire two-minute sex scene we were deprived of.
- October 22, 2004 - Fall schedule added to the South Park Calendar. Season 8 will end up having 14 episodes, like Season 5 did. The episode numbers are tentative, so they may air out of order anyway. South Park Studios reports that after the winter hiatus the crew will return in February to start on season/series 9. Also, the South Park Alliance is now part of CrapTV, which to me means it has left the ranks of independent fan sites. Phew. :) Good luck, guys.
- October 23, 2004 - The Top 27 so far... updated on the sps bbs, if you want to know what's aired. And heeeere they are:
Beware of 'Team America'. It Exceeds 'South Park' expectations. Rolling Stone has a review of Team America: World Police as well. Airman posted the following at the sps bbs
- 27: 217 ~ Gnomes
- 26: 503 ~ Cripple Fight
- 25: 310 ~ Chinpokomon
- 24: 209 ~ Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls
- 23: 513 ~ Kenny Dies
- 22: 704 ~ Canceled
- 21: 709 ~ Christian Rock Hard
- 20: 803 ~ Up the Down Steroid
- 19: 113 ~ Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut
- 18: 202 ~ Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut
- 17: 104 ~ Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boatride
- 16: 509 ~ Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants
- 15: 807 ~ The Jeffersons
- 14: 203 ~ Chickenlover
- 13: 508 ~ Towelie
- 12: 410 ~ Do The Handicapped Go To Hell?
- 11: 411 ~ Probably
- 10: 804 ~ The Passion Of The Jew
- 09: 608 ~ Red Hot Catholic Love
- 08: 501 ~ Scott Tenorman Must Die
- 07: 404 ~ Timmy 2000
- 06: 613 ~ The Return of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers
- 05: 502 ~ It Hit's the Fan
- 04: 614 ~ Deathcamp of Tolerance
- 03: 110 ~ Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo
- 02: 801 ~ Good Times with Weapons This should have been #1
- 01: 705 ~ Fat Butt and Pancake Head ...no way!
- Matt and Trey just revealed, on Jimmy Kimmel, the plot for the newest episode of South Park. Season 8 returns this Wednesday, October 27th.
- The school is holding an election for a mascot. The "election" is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Stan says he doesn't want to vote, and so P.Diddy comes to South Park and tries to kill him. (an obvious reference to the argument two weeks ago about P Diddy's "vote or die" statement)
- Matt and Trey also brought a clip with them, if you can call it that. It was 2 storyboard scenes, with a clip of Stan's voice, cut off mid sentence. That's a lot, considering the script isn't done and they just came up with the idea today. (which means this may never make it on air - it's just an idea they're tossing around right now)
- October 25, 2004 - This week's episode: 808 - Douche and Turd The screen grab below is far livelier and prettier than anything I could come up with. :)
- October 27, 2004 - South Park Does Thunderbirds’. No sequel planned.
- "Never in a million years. Filming Team America was the worst six months of my life,” says Trey Parker, who wrote, produced and directed the film with his creative partner Matt Stone. “Writing the songs was the only fun thing that happened for us in those six months. Otherwise it was gruelling 18-hour days and that was seven days a week.”
- October 28, 2004 - What song does the Giant Douche come out dancing to? You might come across this if you search for South Park news, but let me say that P Diddy was NOT in last night's episode. Trey did his voice. Also, found at Bloody Disgusting: Finally Someone Grows Some Balls and Sues the MPAA!!
- Come on everyone, let's say it together, F--- the MPAA! So I'm sitting at work reading this weeks Entertainment Weekly, which sports Mel Gibson on the cover, and inside I find an interesting article on 'Team America.' As I read, I come across a shocking surprise- once Trey Parker and Matt Stone finish the next run of 'South Park' episodes, they are raging a full blown war on the MPAA! Although nothing has been filed just yet, they claim that the operation being run by the MPAA is ridiculous and out of hand- claiming that studios can "negotiate" their ratings while independent films are SOL- among other things. My favorite claim is how the MPAA had 'Team America' sent home with some random woman to rate it- basically putting the entire films future in her hands. Check out the article at newsstands now, not only is it hilarious, but it makes a tear come to my eye. Good luck on your mission boys, don't let us horror fans down!
- October 29, 2004 - Remember How's Your News? Well, here it is, revisited: NEWS Campaign Trail: Jabberwocky Is Hard at it Again with News Team. :)
- November 1, 2004 - I'm keeping this background and other graphics until the end of tomorrow, for it is the feast of the Day of the Dead in Mexico (should be Days of the Dead, since it's a two-day holiday.) More on that later. First, straight from Comedy Central Press:
Now for the Days of the Dead:
THE TOWN OF SOUTH PARK FALLS VICTIM
TO CORPORATE AMERICA IN AN ALL-NEW
EPISODE OF "SOUTH PARK" PREMIERING
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3 AT 10:00 P.M.*
ON COMEDY CENTRAL
- NEW YORK, November 1, 2004 - The little mountain town of South Park is changed forever when a very large warehouse superstore opens its doors in an all-new episode, entitled "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes," premiering Wednesday, November 3 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
- The streets of South Park are like a ghost-town when a giant Wall-Mart lures the townspeople to the new store with its incredible bargains. Cartman becomes a boy possessed by the power of Wall-Mart and its low, low prices. In order to save their town, Stan and Kyle have to find a way to destroy the ever-expanding superstore while keeping Cartman from stabbing them in the back.
- This used to be a midsummer feast, but the Conquistadores wanted to line them up with All Saints Day and All Souls Day, so now we have this:
- November 1 - Day of the Little Angels: This grew out of All Saints Day. All dead kids are remembered on this day.
- November 2 - Day of the Dearly Departed: This grew out of All Souls Day. All dead adults are remembered on this day.
- November 2, 2004 - Go out and VOTE today. Now for some Orgazmo news: the DVD has a release date of February 15, but it won't be the grand thing we've been waiting for. :(
- Just announced from Universal Home Video is the long-awaited Orgazmo: Special Edition. Unfortunately however, it seems like the project has been scaled back from its once-planned double-disc set.The single-disc release will be available on February 15th with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo sound. Retail will be $19.98.
- November 6, 2004 - Script and secrets for "Something Wall*Mart This Way Comes" now up in the Episode Guide, Season 8. Go check them out now and submit any corrections. I was a bit distracted this week, so I'm sure there are more errors than usual. :)
- November 8, 2004 - Mom! Comedy Central's Cussing Again! covers Comedy Central's penchant for raunchy programs. And now, this week's ep:
THEIR PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT THE BOYS OF "SOUTH PARK"
Catch A Rare Glimpse Of The Boys In Their Formative Pre-School Years
- NEW YORK, November 8, 2004 -- The boys fear for their lives when a friend once scorned seeks revenge in an all-new episode of "South Park," entitled "Preschool," premiering Wednesday, November 10 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
- For five long years, Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman and Butters have kept a secret about an illegal incident that happened back in pre-school. Now, the kid who took the fall for the group, Trent Boyett, is getting out of "juvie" and his first order of business is justice for his betrayers. When Butters ends up in the hospital after his run-in with Trent, the boys decide to hire some sixth graders to watch their backs.
- November 10, 2004 - Check out this picture from the Beastie Boys' "Right Right Now Now." The poster appears throughout the video, as it was filmed at one place.
Check out "Right Right Now Now" and other videos from the Beastie Boys here.
- November 13, 2004 - Attack of the Puppet People: How reviewers misread Team America, the year’s most potent political satire.
- November 15, 2004 - Episode info from Comedy Central Press!!! W00t!!!
Also, the pics for the last two eps: Preschool
THE BOYS DIVE INTO THE CUTTHROAT WORLD OF TELEVISION NEWS
- NEW YORK, November 15, 2004 -- The boys of "South Park" produce their own morning news show on the school's closed-circuit television station and are immediately caught up in the intense competition for ratings in an all-new episode, entitled "Quest For Ratings," premiering Wednesday, November 17 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
- Cartman and Jimmy anchor "Super School News" bringing all the latest from South Park Elementary to their audience of four viewers. When the show faces cancellation, the boys refuse to give up. Committed to restructuring the program to attract viewers, Cartman will try anything to hook an audience.
and Something Wall*Mart This Way Comes
- November 16, 2004 - Orgazmo release date pushed back to March 29. South Park Season 5 DVD set comes out on March 1.
- November 22, 2004 - Three more eps after Thanksgivig, then hiatus till February.
This is not Kenny. This is Butters with a great head of hair. Would that he have this much hair all the time. :D
- November 29, 2004 - New ep info combined from Comedy Central Press and South Park Studios!
Episode 812: Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset
- Who is the "Stupidest Spoiled Whore" in South Park? The world's most well-known socialite arrives in South Park and engages in some "friendly" competition
- All the fourth grade girls idolize a rich, famous and spoiled socialite, known for her jet-set lifestyle, television show and extra-curricular activities. They even have her brand new toy set that comes complete with video camera, night vision filter, play money and losable cell phone. In an effort to impress their idol, the girls pursue the boys to make their own videos.
- December 1, 2004 - Beavis & Butt-head or South Park? You decide. Also, from the Christian Science Monitor, there are at least twenty things to be thankful for. :) Here's #4:
Cover and DVD art for Season 5, coming March 1:
- 4. Matt Stone and Trey Parker. The two creators of "South Park" are still scorching earth and taking names both on their television show and in "Team America: World Police," which should be required viewing for anyone who is involved with the exercise of American military force. Plus, it's puppets, people. How can you not find puppets funny?
- December 5, 2004 - From one Freddy Krueger on Usemet:
- I just love the character of Mr. Slave, the gayest, most perverted, effeminate, butch, leather queer I've ever seen, and I happen to be gay myself. Though not my scene, there are countless gay men out there who stick the most amazing things up their asses.
- December 6, 2004 - Fun fact: If you're a woman over 30, you probably hate Eric Cartman's rendition of "O Holy Night." Check it out. And now, new episode info from Comedy Central Press.
And last week's megapic for "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset":
Episode 813: Cartman's Incredible Gift
- Cartman suffers a severe blow to the head after a nearly fatal fall in "Cartman's Incredible Gift." After sustaining a severe head injury, Cartman appears to have the power to see into the future. South Park detectives are quick to enlist his help in cracking unsolved murder cases and Cartman is more than willing to help, for a price. In the meantime, a group of "licensed" psychics cry foul when Cartman refuses to join their ranks.
- December 8, 2004 - Around the World Round Up: 'Incredibles,' 'Bridget' Top $100M
Team America News
- In its international debut, Team America: World Police invaded Australia with $968,430 from 142 screens, South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut, grossed a relatively strong $31.1 million in its entire offshore run and with success in Germany and the U.K., Team America could match or pass that mark.
- December 9, 2004 - I decided to restore a board I started two years ago on Aug 16th, 2002 and which lasted until February of this year. I'm waiting on an e-mail to regain control of the board. You can go ahead and sign up if you like, and paste images deemed too large to display at South Park Studios. The board is named after this site, of course. :) The last post was made by Lisa, SPS BBS member. Enjoy. Vote for your Favorite Animated Movie, then vote for some other movies.
- December 10, 2004 - Here's a blast from the past: Star Park, with completed musical. Milk and Cookies offers this video up as the uncut marionette sex scene in Team America. Breayle, from South Park Studios, tells me that the clip is still incomplete. Scenes that weren't shown are Hot Karl, Filth Sanchez, and bukkake. Finally, transcript and secrets are up for Wednesday's episode.
- December 13, 2004 - Next Monday you will see Version 2.0 of South Park Studios. Anyone who's read a graphic novel will recognize the new look. :) This has been in the works for nine months now. South Park Studios will be down from sometime Friday afternoon to Monday morning. A teaser pic showing off the new version will be up in the meantime. :)
From various Yahoo! reports:
O UNHOLY NIGHT! CHRISTMAS COMES TO "SOUTH PARK" IN THE EIGHTH SEASON FINALE
- In this episode, entitled "Woodland Critter Christmas," Stan is approached by the forest critters and asked to help them build a manger in anticipation of the birth of their Lord and Savior. Stan complies, only to find out that they serve a very different Lord.
- New episodes will return to the network in March 2005.
RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH DENNIS QUAID, SCARLETT JOHANSSON, TOPHER GRACE AND THE BOYS OF "SOUTH PARK" IN THE "SOUTH PARK NEW YEAR'S ROCK-A-THON" BEGINNING FRIDAY, DECEMBER 31 AT 10:00 P.M.* ON COMEDY CENTRAL
The Stars of The New Film, "In Good Company," Host New Year's Eve On COMEDY CENTRAL With Six Back-To-Back Episodes of "South Park" The "Rock-A-Thon" Leads Up To An Unedited Airing of "South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut"
- NEW YORK, December 13, 2004 - COMEDY CENTRAL parties with Dennis Quaid, Scarlett Johansson, Topher Grace and Cartman and company as they ring in the New Year with six rockin' episodes of "South Park" starting Friday, December 31 at 10:00 p.m.
- These stars from Universal's new feature film, "In Good Company," coming to theaters on January 14, host New Year's Eve on COMEDY CENTRAL with six back-to-back episodes of "South Park," featuring messed-up musical numbers and boy bands gone wild and share clips and behind-the-scenes stories from their new film, all leading up to "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" at 1:00 a.m.
- The "South Park New Year's Rock-A-Thon" will run as follows:
- Friday, December 31
|10:00 p.m.||South Park Episode #214 - "Chef Aid"|
|10:30 p.m.||South Park Episode #404 - "Timmy 2000"|
|11:00 p.m.||South Park Episode #409 - "Things You Can Do With Your Finger"|
|11:30 p.m.||South Park Episode #705 - "Fat Butt & Pancake Head"|
|Midnight||South Park Episode #709 - "Christian Rock Hard"|
|12:30 a.m.||South Park Episode #805 - "You Got F'd in the A"|
|1:00 a.m.||"South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut"|
- The American Film Institute's top 10 television programs of the year, selected by a 13-person panel, were HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Deadwood," "The Sopranos" and "Something the Lord Made," ABC's "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost," FX's "Nip/Tuck" and "The Shield," Fox's "Arrested Development" and Comedy Central's "South Park."
- Top films and shows will be honored at an AFI luncheon Jan. 14 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- December 14, 2004 - Aesthetic and Ethical Relationships in South Park, by Chris Wallace.
- December 15, 2004 - Today's news: Breayle Reiss has left as South Park Studios Webmistress and there are no plans for a new Webmaster. And, AP critics pick the year's best movies in this article
The top 10 films of 2004, according to AP Movie Critic Christy Lemire. Coming in at #2:
- "Team America: World Police" - It works on every level: as sidesplitting comedy, sharp political satire, observant parody of bombastic action flicks, even as a musical, with meticulously detailed sets and costumes. And did we mention that the stars are puppets? The "South Park" guys are at it again, and just when you thought they'd sufficiently shocked you, they've come up with a sex scene involving marionette superheroes that will make you laugh so hard, you'll cry. Easily the year's funniest movie.
- December 19, 2004 - Here's a blow-up of the town shown in the episode.