- June 21, 2001 - With 162 "shits" the show starts this season off with a bang. I counted 161, with a gasp being counted as a "shit" for 162 total. Everyone else gets from 163 to 169. It also offers a description for the June 27 show.
- June 23, 2001 - South Park Studios announces the winner of its "shit" count contest,
- June 25, 2001 - South Park Studios announces the next several episodes, including Big Gay Al in "Cripple Fight" and Radiohed in "Scott Tenorman Must Die."
- July 6, 2001 - Ze latest... Icebox is back! With the Mr. Wong episodes, too. They will soon be on DVD.
- July 13, 2001 - Cannibal! The Musical musical will continue at the Kraine theater in New York, until August 4.
- July 14, 2001 - Saturday's re-run of "Scott Tenorman Must Die," shows Kenny's ghost laughing out of his body when he dies. I'd still like to know where to get a clip or episode of that. Juz is thinking of closing Sweeet. Read the personal log. For two weeks after this day he has troubles with Sweeet and GoTimmyGo.
- July 17, 2001 - South Park Studios provides two titles for the episode coming up. First it was "Terrance & Garfunkel" and "Terrance & Phillip: True Hollywood Story." They settle on "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow." iFilm was showing "Your Studio and You," a "primer" on how to update a movie studio (in this case, Universal), online. In 1995, the year this short was made, MCA (and Universal with it) was bought by Seagram's, which explains the Seagram's coolers being handed out. Five days later, iFilm pulls "Your Studio And You" off the site at Universal's request. Universal says the short wasn't meant for public broadcast, and it's concerned for the rights of the actors who made cameos there.
- July 18, 2001 - Beef-Cake has been restoring some good media from the last four years of the show in the last few days.
- July 19, 2001 - DTISFU reports that Trey Parker and Lisa Faulkner have split up due to her career in TV dramas in England. She tried her luck in Hollywood, but that didn't work out, either. Beef-Cake has a report on Radiohead playing in South Park, England, a few days before they appeared in "Scott Tenorman Must Die." Nice caricatures of Stan, Kyle and Cartman on those shirts. All proceeds from those shirts are going to charity. Four days later, the South Park Studios provides more information on the shirts.
- July 20, 2001 - South Park Studios has some info on next year's South Park Convention. Beef-Cake's Elvis has made an uncut version of "Terrance & Phillip: Behind The Blow" (the video inside the episode, not the episode itself), as well as of the actual Cripple Fight. South Park Studios has made its own uncut version of the fight.
- July 25, 2001 - SPStudios and DTISFU both mention Monday's L.A. Times article Counting on Their 'Celebrity', which simply confirms that Trey and Matt will have some air time in the 30-minute FOX Planet of the Apes special tonight at 8 p.m.
- July 26, 2001 - DTISFU has a clip and snapshots from yesterday's Planet Of The Apes special with Trey and Matt in them, as well as their DVDA song, which is more a tribute to the original movie rather than the one opening tomorrow. Have a look at it.
- July 27, 2001 - SPStudios mentions a short article, "Radiohead Develop Sense of Humor", in Rolling Stone magazine about Radiohead's appearing in "Scott Tenorman Must Die." I scanned it in and posted it here. DTISFU mentions an article at the Dallas Observer extolling South Park as the funniest show of the season, and it has a larger scan of the Rolling Stones article..
- July 31, 2001 - South Park Studios' Behind the Scenes reveals there have been three Visitor sightings already this season: one in "It Hits the Fan" and two more in "Super Best Friends." (One of them is Jesus' reflection in the Hall of Super Best Friends) And there will be one in "Proper Condom Use." These sightings may go into a contest by South Park Studios, I don't know when that information will be used, but I ain't holding my breath. Also, CrapTV, has some Parker and Stone News: CRAPtv's front page has the "Lapdance '01" DVD ready for sale. It featuresa musical performances by DVDA and Special Guest Les Claypool, and an interview with Trey Parker. It's been on sale since June 1. And, CRAPtv's BBS has a post by Jason McHugh saying that CRAPtv will be producing the special features for the Orgazmo DVD, which should be pretty chock full o hot action!!!! But eBay has beat them to the punch: eBay already has a few Orgazmo DVDs at auction.
- August 2, 2001 - Elvis has a link to a news article from Yahoo! stating that That's My Bush is headed for the Big Screen after being canceled by Comedy Central. Proposed title: George W. Bush and the Secret of the Glass Tiger. Work will begin on this during hiatus. DTISFU has a similar report from Zap2it.
- August 6, 2001 - Season 5 hath 14 episodes: South Park Studios' Behind the Scenes mentions the second half of the season, six episodes, starting on November 7 and ending on December 12.
- August 14, 2001 - Elvis finally tells the tale of how he got fired. From the looks of it, the company that hired him reneged on a contract, claiming budget cuts due to unforeseen circumstances. Elvis believes his firing is directly related to the hacking done on the South Park Studios BBS last May. And he and Kung Fu Design could not agree on how much he should get. The range is from $170 to $4000.
- August 16, 2001 - Chris Beyond, of No-Fi Magazine, is planning a Spook-a-thon Movie Festival at The Orpheum Theatre in Downtown L.A. from October 26 to the 27th. Cannibal! The Musical is on the list of films that will play at the Festival.
- August 21, 2001 - Elvis' Storytime continues. So far, still no $170 check.
- August 24, 2001 - On South Park Studios, Matt Stone reveals that Barbrady's voice is based on Dennis Prager's voice. Prager is a talk radio host. Trey directed a Dennis Prager video called "For Goodness Sake II," made in 1996 and went straight to video.
- August 29, 2001 - Well, Comedy Central comes through! :) Now you can purchase the vibrating Tweek doll and/or Tweek T-shirt.
- September 4, 2001 - I split the character gallery in two, so that one site, South Park Biographies, will have just the guest stars, while the other, Welcome to my South Park prep room, will have places to see in South Park, stories in pictures, and characters in costume. Man, that took four hours!
- September 5, 2001 - Found at DTISFU: The Movie Musical Is Back. The Salt Lake Tribune article mentions, The best animated musical in the last few years was, of all things, "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" (1999), a brilliant skewering of movie-musical conventions. Maybe that has a bearing on the three musicals out this year, so far: O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Moulin Rouge, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. And I do love musicals. :)
- September 8, 2001 - Well, the day has come: Juz is moving his sites to a new server, so Beef-Cake, Sweeet, and GTG are all down for a while. But there's more to it than that. Juz says that Sweeet and GTG have been "lost" - HDD on host machine died. And he lost his backups earlier this week when he had to reinstall. The sites will be down indefinitely... Meanwhile, here at the Scriptorium, I'm adding the guests for the fifth season in the South Park Biographies. Two more epiosdes to go, and then summaries for their roles will appear. Found at Treasure Cove: If you simply can't get enough South Park music to fill your waking hours, check out this site! :)
- September 13, 2001 - Google is a great search engine. :) Juz found some of his pages cached there, and now, so has Elvis. Having said that, Beef-Cake will be back up soon, but Elvis is pretty busy these days, so it may take months before the site is fully loaded as it was before. Sweeet and GoTimmyGo are back up, on a new host, so go and register at GTG. In other news, well, you all know of our new Day of Infamy, September 11, 2001, 8:48, 9:05, and 10 am. EDT. Set aside a moment for the victims of the terrorist attacks. Know that the American spirit remains unbroken, the American will unbent, though its buildings fall and its people perish.
- September 16, 2001 - Two items comin' atcha! The first is a request from Dave at SP Games for all fan sites to post this lovely picture he made as a way to show support for the families of victims of the terrorist attacks last Tuesday, the various people working on search and recovery, and the leaders here in the United States and around the world as they figure out what steps to take to stop terrorism from going any further.
On that site he has this link, Thank You, but that page often goes down due to the large number of pictures one has to wait for before the page is finished downloading, so you may want to look at the original thread if the page is down.
Original Thread and mirrors
- September 17, 2001 - a petition for peace. If you want a thorough investigation of last Tuesday's terrorist events to occur before any retaliation is made, Sign this petitione!! Pass the petition around, if you wish. If not, ignore it.