The South Park Live Tweet - Freemium Isn't Free
By @SouthPark on Twitter, November 12, 2014
- The South Park LIVE TWEET starts now!
- #SouthPark #EasterEgg Did you catch the Woodland Critters in the intro?
- #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark This is Satan's first episode appearance in 8 years. Check out his updated character art:
- On early drafts of the script, this episode was originally titled "Micropay" & "Freedom Isn't Freemium". #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark
- Anything that appears on a TV or phone screen in the show must first be mocked up & designed by the Art Dept:
- The Terrence & Phillip mobile game parodies other freemium games on the market. #SouthPark #Freemium
- YOU BOUGHT 200 CANADIAN COINS FOR FORTY NINE CENTS! YOU'RE AMAZING!
- The Prince of Canada debuted 3 seasons ago in "Royal Pudding". He also appeared in "South Park: The Stick of Truth".
- #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark Every whiteboard doodle was individually drawn out and approved, prior to animation:
- Stan, just because I make a good living with my music doesn't mean you can blow it all on CANADOUGH! #RandyIsLorde #SouthPark
- Randy started drinking Gluten Free beer this season, after he learned gluten makes your dick fly off. #SouthPark
- 5 "Freemium" Principles:
(1) Simple Game Loop
(3) Fake Currency
(4) $$ Switcharoo
(5) Pay Not to Wait
- No! It has to be just barely fun. If the game was TOO FUN then there would be no reason to MICROPAY in order to make it MORE FUN. #SouthPark
- #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark This was the first scene that Trey wrote for this episode. Check it out:
- Jimmy's phrase "I mean, come on" first debuted back in "Krazy Kripples", where he used it to stop a gang war.
- Alright. Alright, I never played it. I stay away from the stuff. #FreemiumIsntFree #SouthPark
- Soon Canada will be as advanced and developed as Michigan! #SouthPark #FreemiumIsntFree
- "You. Friends. Fun. Drink. Hot girls. YOU'RE hot. Drink more. Expensive cars. Ass. DRINK. Ass..." #SouthPark
- The Three Feathers Casino made it's debut in "Red Man's Greed", where the Chief plotted to give the townspeople SARS.
- Check out this #BehindTheScenes art for Randy's "classy" wine cart:
- #BehindTheScenes When making this show, the writers discussed the Pareto Principal (Matt's dad taught him about it). http://cart.mn/Pareto_Principle
- The Pareto Principal is the 80/20 principal. 80% of revenue comes from 20% of customers. The writers applied it to booze & Freemium games.
- Cartman knows a bit about crack -- in fact, he started his own sports league based on it: "Crack Baby Athletic Association". #SouthPark
- Hey buddy! Come on, guy! #SouthPark
- Do you know how many songs I have to write to make back that much money?? #RandyIsLorde #SouthPark
- #BehindTheScenes Storyboards are the first step in production (after script). Check out these "SMORGASVEIN" boards:
- #EasterEgg #SouthPark Did you catch what was on the whiteboard in this scene?
- YOU HATH SUMMONED THE PRINCE OF TEMPTATION FOR WHAT PURPOSE?? #Satan #SouthPark
- So you've got dopamine, right? That's the chemical released in your brain when you do something pleasurable...
- Check out the #BehindTheScenes script from this scene of Satan explaining "addiction":
- #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark Check out this character art for the Canadian Devil "Beelzaboot":
- #BehindTheScenes This shows the production process, from storyboard to character art, for Satan's special poses:
- Satan mentions "Skinner Box" manipulation -- that's a "operant conditioning" chamber used to test & condition animal behavior. #SouthPark
- Told ya. Kid's got demons. #SouthPark #FreemiumIsntFree
- When the Prince signed the agreement to make a freemium game, he apparently made a deal with the Canadian Devil. #Beelzaboot #SouthPark
- #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark Check out the art made for this super-charged shot of Stan:
- SCREW THAT! Go Canada!
- Zombicide, Dead of Winter, Merchants & Marauders, Lords of Waterdeep, King of New York, Mice and Mystics...these are all real board games.
From Matt and Trey
- Where'd the idea come from? Matt & Trey: "After the success of Stick of Truth, several companies approached us about doing a mobile game."
- Elements of this do in fact parody "Devil's Advocate". Trey loves this movie. He has seen it a million times. #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark